среда, 2 января 2013 г.

Russian Rye Bread

Today I decided to bake rye bread since I bought rye flour recently. So what I’ve got

DSCN0225

I found Russian Rye Bread recipe at food.com. I didn’t have caraway seeds (cumin) so I baked without. The bread tastes a little bit too sweet for me (may be I put too much honey) and also it made small loaf. Next time I’ll adjust ingredients. There is the recipe:

Ingredients

    • 1/2 cup warm water, plus
    • 2 tablespoons warm water
    • 2 tablespoons dark honey
    • 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 1/2 cups bread flour
    • 3/4 cup rye flour
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
    • 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

Directions

  1. Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
  2. Select Basic bread cycle and start machine.

Other recipe Basic Rye Bread from allrecipes.com has cocoa powder in it. I’m not sure how it’ll taste.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий