Today I decided to bake rye bread since I bought rye flour recently. So what I’ve got
I found Russian Rye Bread recipe at food.com. I didn’t have caraway seeds (cumin) so I baked without. The bread tastes a little bit too sweet for me (may be I put too much honey) and also it made small loaf. Next time I’ll adjust ingredients. There is the recipe:
- 1/2 cup warm water, plus
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons dark honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 3/4 cup rye flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Select Basic bread cycle and start machine.
Other recipe Basic Rye Bread from allrecipes.com has cocoa powder in it. I’m not sure how it’ll taste.